Posture Diagram

Posture Diagram

Monday, July 28, 2014

Football/Soccer Player=Perfect Posture Why? Shoes?


When I say perfect I mean perfect, not just good.
This is the answer.

Have you ever seen a football/soccer player with bad posture? I have, but only goal keepers. I think that taking a look on football players is the closest to an evidence one can get for that zero drop/barefoot shoes, combined with physical activity,  makes it highly unlikely or maybe even impossible to develop bad posture. Goal keepers are not as physically active on the football field, so that is probably the reason why they in general have a little worse posture than players whom are more active. And I have an extraordinary experience to tell. When I grow up I saw a guy with pectus CARINATUM (not excavatum) completely grow out of it between he was 12 to 22. I don’t think that it is a coincidence that he was a very active football player (training 3-4 times a week). Although I have seen soccer players with pectus excvatum, the degree of them have always been very mild. If they started to develop it before or after they started to play football, is to me unknown. Even  possible improvements after they started to play is unknown to me as well. Almost all shoes used on a football field are zero drop or very mildly lifted. On the other hand the heels sinks down quite easy on the field so maybe a little elevation won’t hurt.

Whenever I try to falsify* my theories, they just get stronger!

*prove (a statement or theory) to be false

6 comments:

  1. Is upper abdominal/stomach discomfort normal after trying to maintain correct posture for several hours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. During my whole recovery period I could feel some discomfort from almost the whole upper body sometimes. It may be caused by to fast recovery. It is very important to slowly go forward and not hurry too much if possible. The discomfort you describes happened to me exactly the same way. At that point I stopped with my wheat intake. I recommend everyone to make a research on the internet concerning this subject. Wheat is the most common food that can cause trouble in the stomach area according to a lot of different sources, including myself. It doesn’t mean that celiac must be present. But one thing that I have found interesting is that according to Wikipedia, 1 % of all people with celiac have PE. My speculation is that if the abdominal area is blown up, whatever the reasons, it will put the thorax in a rotated position. Lactose intolerance will do the same. I think that is important to be observant about food intake. It differ from person to person. I have a post here on my blog “Nutrition and PE” which I recommend to have a look on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also doing bodybuilding, would that be harmful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the most difficult question so far. Everyone knows that bodybuilding is a little risky and some people gets injured mainly because of to heavy weights and because they don’t really know how to perform exercises correct. I have personally more than ten years of experience in going to gym to keep my body in the best shape possible from a PE perspective (not getting big muscles). I will later on start a series of posts to give tips on how to do exercises at the gym which I have found beneficial for posture and PE. No, I don’t think that bodybuilding will interfere with the recovery process (I think that it is a good idea to go slowly forward with quite light weights) but there are so many exercises so I can’t guarantee that none of them do. But I have noticed personally that some exercises definitely are more beneficial than others. Basic rule at the gym with PE is according to my experience to keep the body as straight as possible, all the way from the feet to the head if possible, no matter what part of the body one work out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can i target the inner part of pecs better? Any exercises? I have added mass mass to the upper chest and sides but the middle part (where pecs seperate from eachother) is quite underdeveloped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been thinking about this problem since as long as I can remember and the answer came to me after great improvements to my PE. I think that it might be impossible to make the pectoralis muscles to develop normally because of the condition (PE). After some progress I suddenly “felt contact” with the pecs. Improvements to pe=natural development of the pecs. That is how it worked for me.

    ReplyDelete